Software Engineer - Java/PHP/C#
4 June 2012
Position Offer Closed.
Working as a software engineer at Innovation Science Pty Ltd gives you exposure to fascinating projects. Over the past 12 years, we have developed custom software solutions for government and commercial organisations around the world including the Australian Department of Defence, Canadian Department of National Defense, UK Ministry of Defence, and Forbes Global 1000 companies. Our own products include submarine and surface ship combat system applications, a counter-terrorism tool for mass-transit rail networks, and a soon to be launched cloud-based mobile application.
This role will involve exposure to a number of projects including several requiring on-site work at client premises. You will get exposure to the full software life cycle ranging from early conceptual discussions through to deployment and evolution.
As a great deal of our work is defence based, you will need to be able to obtain and hold a defence clearance for this role (we will look after this once the applicant has been selected). Work location is often influenced by client requirements, but the majority of our projects are conducted either at our Adelaide CBD office or at a defence facility in Edinburgh (approximately 30km north of the Adelaide CBD). The position may also involve occasional interstate or overseas travel.
- Bachelors degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Exceptional English communications skills (written and verbal)
- Passion for software technology
- Demonstrated experience in software design, development, testing, maintenance and documentation
- Exceptional grasp of object-oriented programming
- Solid understanding of Java, C# and PHP
- 1.5 to 3 yrs industry experience
- Pleasant and approachable demeanour
- Comfortable working both individually and in small teams
- Australian citizen or eligible for immediate citizenship
- Eligible for a NV1 security clearance
- An artistic flair (music, art, design, etc.) - You will need to show you are creative as well as being good at science or mathematics.
The job comes with an attractive salary that will recognise that you're good at what you do.
- Experience with version control and continuous integration techniques
- Held an active clearance to NV1 or Secret within the past two years.
Applicants MUST be Australian Citizens or eligible for immediate citizenship, and be willing to undergo a defence security clearance assessment. Foreign nationals cannot be accepted for engineering positions unless they are eligible and willing to obtain immediate citizenship. The successful applicant must be capable of holding an NV1 security clearance (see http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/faqs.htm).
Enquiries and applications regarding this position can be made by post or email to the address listed below. Applications must include an application letter, CV and transcript of all tertiary studies.
Innovation Science Pty Ltd
Attn: Employment Applications
110 Gay's Arcade
ADELAIDE SA 5000
careers @ iscience.com.au