From requirements analysis to design, implementation, documentation, testing and maintenance, Innovation Science specialises in quality engineering of custom software solutions. Our focus on evolvable engineering delivers cost-effective solutions that will grow with our customers' requirements.
We are happy to tailor our software engineering processes to meet each client's specific budget and quality assurance needs. From experimental prototyping through to highly-robust deployable software developed using ISO 12207 systems and software engineering processes, Innovation Science has the expertise and experience to ensure your custom software project meets the quality and affordability metrics you desire.
The flexibility to customise our processes on a project-by-project basis allows us to meet stringent requirements such as those of the FDA (e.g. ANSI/IEC 62304) when needed, but to not burden small commercial projects with the expense of extreme formal rigour when budgets and safety needs are less substantial.
For projects that do not warrant a full ISO 12207 approach, we employ lean software engineering processes that still ensure a high quality solution. Statistics gathered for projects that used our cost-effective prototype engineering option show that, even without the extreme formal rigour required by ISO 12007 processes, our custom prototype software has an error rate of less than 0.06%.
Key areas of software engineering expertise include:
- Custom application development
- Rapid prototyping
- Graphical user interfaces
- Peripheral hardware interfaces (sensors, etc.)
- Algorithm implementation and refinement
- Requirements gathering & analysis
- Testing and evaluation of existing (third-party) software
- Re-engineering to meet ISO standards
- iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod) & Android mobile app development
- Commercialisation of prototype software
- Evolvable and open systems
- Software Architectures - development & analysis
Whether your solution requires Java, C++, C, C#, Matlab, Visual Basic, ASP, PHP, or perhaps something more exotic, our engineers have specialised skills in a range of technologies to allow the best option to be chosen for each engineering task.