Graduate Software Engineer
4 June 2012
Position Offer Closed.
Are you a recently graduated software engineer or a final/honours year software engineering or computer science student? If you can show you have a passion for the software industry and have done consistently well in your degree, then we are very keen to speak with you.
Working as a software engineer at Innovation Science Pty Ltd gives you exposure to fascinating projects. Over the past 12 years, we have designed and developed software for government and commercial organisations around the world including the Australian Department of Defence, Canadian Department of National Defense, UK Ministry of Defence, and several Forbes Global 1000 companies. Our own products include submarine and surface ship combat system applications, a counter-terrorism tool for mass-transit rail networks, and a soon to be released cloud-based mobile application.
We can offer a part-time role and flexible hours to support your remaining study commitments if required.
This role will involve exposure to a number of projects and technologies. As a great deal of our work is defence based, you will need to be able to obtain and hold a defence clearance for this role (we will look after this once the applicant has been selected). Work location is often influenced by client requirements, but the majority of our projects are conducted either at our Adelaide CBD office or at a defence facility in Edinburgh (approximately 30km north of the Adelaide CBD). Occasional interstate or overseas travel may also be required in the future.
- Exceptional English communications skills (written and verbal)
- Exceptional grasp of object-oriented programming
- Self-motivated to learn new technologies and skills
- Passionate about developing great software
- Comfortable documenting software designs (including using UML)
- Pleasant and approachable demeanour with a "can do" attitude
- 0-2 years industry experience
- Comfortable working both individually and in small teams
- An artistic flair (music, art, design, etc.) - You will need to show you are creative as well as being good at science and engineering.
Applicants MUST be Australian Citizens or eligible for immediate citizenship, and be willing to undergo a defence security clearance assessment. Foreign nationals cannot be accepted for engineering positions unless they are eligible and willing to obtain immediate citizenship. The successful applicant must be capable of holding an NV1 security clearance (see http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/faqs.htm).
- A working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or Flash Professional
Enquiries regarding this position can be made by post or email to the address listed below. Applications must include an application letter, CV and transcript of all tertiary studies.
Innovation Science Pty Ltd
Attn: Employment Applications
110 Balcony Level, Gay's Arcade
ADELAIDE SA 5000
careers @ iscience.com.au